Marquezdl
Old knees

Bikes: 2 custom steel Davidsons, one aluminum specialized

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Almost 71,

Almost 71 and I am burned out on my Rolhoff, my nexus 8, and my 1x9. I live most of the year at almost 7000 feet in Manizales Colombia. All my rides involve LOTS of vertical. Both ways. Downhill I just say thanks to the laws of Gravity. However uphill is another story. I have a 1x9 with a 32cw and 46 rear cog that allows me to get up the hills ( most of the time). However I have never forgotten how much I enjoyed riding a singlespeed for years (a flip flop with fixed/free). However I am pretty sure that wóuld lead to mostly just walking the bike uphill. My typical ride is a 12 mile out and back. Uphill all the way out with over 1500 vertical feet of climbing - the trip home is mostly just steering! But I have started thinking about a white bros. 2 speed freewheel with a Schlumpf bottom bracket. I think I could male that work, I just HATE derailleurs. Thats why one of my bikes is a nexus 8, and my tourong bike is a Rolhoff. I gave up the singlespeed at about 62 due to knee problems. However I have lost a a few pounds and am actually much fitter now, I think some kind of flip flop hub, with a 2 speed BB might actually work. I would still have to do some walking I think, but what the hell, be lots more interesting during the riding part.
anybody here experimented with such a setup?

Last edited by Marquezdl; 03-03-21 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Wanted to finish the post