Old 03-04-21, 07:49 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Who’s that? I was generally friendly, but argumentative and occasionally piled on in a not-so-nice way, but God did some of those guys ask for it! I remember writing some trolling posts about a totally insufferable guy in bad Hemingway, with a sock I used for hit jobs or saying things that could get me in trouble in real life, since a bunch of people knew me. It was a basically unmoderated and very active forum with a lot of very funny people.
Yes, it was essential to have a sock or ten.

Brings back to mind a story about when I was the head of our club's handicap committee. Had one guy who was trying to get something like a 186 rating on a boat that should not have been over 150ish. He tried to tell me that the rating numbers on Wiki were the right thing to look at when I was showing him actual club ratings in our area. He kept trying to argue, so I went into Wiki and changed all the number for his boat. Then printed it out and told him that Wiki now rates your boat at 32. He caved, but it got a lot of laughs among our long time "serious racer" members.

SA was how I met Favela and the Mauri Pro guys, among a lot of other people that were fun to hang around with on the water or over a drink.