View Single Post
Old 03-05-21, 02:18 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10436 Post(s)
Liked 11,913 Times in 6,101 Posts
Cannondale rebuilt! No pics yet. I'll take some tomorrow when I do the shakedown cruise. Still waiting on the matched RX100 wheelset, but I'll make do with the mismatched 105 wheelset I have. Not sure I want to ride the dryrotted Vredesteins, though, even on a short, mostly flat ride. But we'll see.

After I built it up I measured it to compare with my other bikes. It's got the largest saddle-to-bar drop of my bikes, though only by 3mm. I'm curious to see how it feels. The fit seems closest to the Battaglin, which has been my raciest bike.

Setting up the indexed DT shifting was a snap, or perhaps more accurately 7 clicks. The action is very positive, and once adjusted the indexing works perfectly. The front took a little fiddling, because the center of the seat tube attaches to the BB in front of the BB center, so the derailleur is hard to align with the teeth of the big ring. The derailleur itself is the braze-on type, with a clamp-on adapter. I used a shim between the adapter and the derailleur to line it up better and now it shifts great. It's friction anyway, so as long as it goes from one ring to the other on command it doesn't have to be perfect.

Gearing should be interesting. It's got the same 53/39 and 12-25 that I used to run on the Ritchey, and I used to climb a lot with that gearing. But I was younger then! Don't think I'll do any LONG climbs with it, but there are some short ones that may be worth trying.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: