View Single Post
Old 03-06-21, 11:42 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,753 Times in 893 Posts
Another bright but chilly day. I took the old GT and rode East.

I was pleased to see that the stupa in the Kurukulla Center's yard was free of snow and ice. Can Spring be far behind?

The usual round of hill-climbing, rapid descents, and traffic-dodging proper to this ride ensued, sometimes using my knees as active suspension devices when the pavement got rough. Eventually sunset started to get itself organized, and I started to wrap up the ride, still up in the hills, but headed back now.

I used the several-minutes-long descent on the Fellsway East into Malden to remember Smokey Robinson's name. It took the first two blocks of Salem Street eastbound to remember that his band was called the Miracles. Never get old, kids.

Riding West, I stopped briefly at the Kurukulla Center and noted that they're still showing Winter lights on the stupa.

As I rolled over the High Street hills, I reflected that it's taken almost till the end of Winter to work out the ideal layering of some of the new clothing for the various cold-weather temperature ranges and other conditions we encounter in the cold months. With luck, I'll have a chance to forget all that until next November.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 03-07-21 at 08:28 AM.