View Single Post
Old 03-10-21, 05:20 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,753 Times in 893 Posts
Bright day, cool-but-not-cold day, temps in the high 40s. I took off as the mid-afternoon was thinking about becoming the late afternoon, riding the Surly Trucker DeLuxe up to Lexington Center and back, seldom stopping, mostly just cranking along and enjoying the ride. A few photos did manage to sneak through the "seldom stopping" behavior, however, so here they are.

The Woodman has now grown antlers, and is identifiable as Herne the Hunter, or so Professor Jung whispered in my ear. Perhaps this is the Bikeway of the Collective Unconscious; that would explain a few things.

As I tell the tale, the Mile 4.0 Cairn Builders passed through a decadent period, exemplified by the use of pebbles painted with inspirational texts. There followed a catastrophic extinction event, after which the mile marker was bare for a few weeks. They now seem to have returned, with a very pleasing neo-classical style. The current example gets a lot of expressive power from three stones, multum in parvo.

Sam's got the week off, so I photographed the Surly at Mal's yard, which as usual contained a few object lessons.

rod
Likes For rholland1951: