View Single Post
Old 03-15-21, 10:25 AM
Leonie

Bikes: One beautfiul bianchi (additional information pending)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Welcome to the forums. I haven't seen the x.x format serial number on any Bianchi prior to the 1980s. Typically it's alpha-numeric. Maybe one of those sixes is actually a poorly stamped 'G'? Regardless, it should be from 1986. Please post pictures for confirmation. Ignore the 10 post warning that you will receive from the site. When you upload them, they won't insert in your post but they will be deposited in a gallery album where members can view them.
Thank you for the reply!
And so it becomes interesting . As you mentioned when I tried to post pictures they were added to a gallery, hopefully it is open to everyone. My original conclusion that the bike came from the early 70's is based on a comment I received by a bike mechanic. He mentioned that the method of engraving/stamping the B's (sorry I don't know the correct terminology), for example where the seat stays connect to the seat post, was changed after 1975 dating the bike to a time before that.

If I may ask, what is your reasoning for that the bike most likely is a 1986 model?