View Single Post
Old 03-16-21, 07:55 AM
bikewilltravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by timo888
No complaints about the brakes. Jam them on and the tires skid to a stop; or modulate the squeeze and come to a smooth stop. We don't ride in the rain so the fact that they're resin-pad only doesn't pose a problem.

I bought the Zee because it had a good reputation for keeping the chain from jumping off the cogs. The rails-to-trails paths we ride can be very jiggly in stretches. There are no steep grades, so no climbing gears are needed. The Zee does require quite a lot of thumb strength when shifting to easier gears, which my wife doesn't like, so it might get swapped out.

Thanks for the stem-riser link. My wife likes to sit upright, so a riser that lifted the bars just a tad might do nicely coupled with a short stem.

P.S. I should add that the Change MTB frame did come with a headset but I bought the Cane Creek tapered headset along with one of their 1-1/8 adapters in case I could not find a suitable tapered fork.
The Cane Creek headset is a better headset. Lots of good 1 1/2 to 1 1/8 carbon forks on the market. Not sure you need a stem riser, all forks have a long steerer tube, just don't cut it until you know your fit. I would post a photo of my build but can't until I have posted 10 posts!
Likes For bikewilltravel: