Old 03-18-21, 10:41 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by robow
I did the same the other day and picked up a can of Spam Lite with less fat and sodium. Went home, removed it from the can and tried a small amount without cooking. If it were the only food source available and I needed it to survive, then maybe I would continue to consume it but otherwise....Nope. So I fried up some thin slices and placed within a soft tortilla and had lunch. It was much better but still rather salty and this supposedly with 1/3 less sodium than Classic Spam.
I could make it work if fried but it won't be eliminating any of my normal food stuffs that I generally take on tour.
I prefer to dice it up and add to soup or a pasta meal. For solo camping I find the small packets quite easy to use,

I do not think I have eaten it any other way for over half a century, but have often added it to soups or pasta.