Old 03-20-21, 02:54 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 275 Posts
It's more complicated than that. Although cellphonitis plays a major roll in the increased number of rear end collisions to bicyclists, motorists can be looking in your direction and still not see you. Our perception and what we see are convoluted. when we look ahead and around us as we are driving down the rode. We see what we expect to see. in other words our brain takes in the info and puts the it together. If wee are not looking for anything other than another car we can easily zone out anything else just like it was never there. Because I am always looking for motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians, I notice them and have never hit anything or anybody. There are ways to defend yourself from celphoneitis and zombie drivers. The brain responds to lights and movement. I have never had even a close call at night. This is because I always use lights. In daylight I have been T-boned. and sideswiped. I currently use a battery powered taillight specifically made for daylight use. I use it on slow pulse mode. The brightness and movement of the light work. I can see people moving to give me room from quite a distance away in my mirror. I never use flashing lights at night.
Likes For Rick: