Dennis9156

Bikes: Giant

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
schrader valves over presta valves

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Never really had issues with Presta, put the pump head on correctly and pull it right off without wiggling or jiggling and I don't need a cap if I don't want or if I lose one. Yeah sure other stuff may not use the valve but that doesn't mean a ton. Different valves for different applications.
Originally Posted by Bluesfrog
I despise the Presta. They were invented by the devil. I have two hand pumps the purportedly work for both but they give me trouble on Prestas. I change my tubes to schrader when I have reason to change tire or tube. If the Presta work for you I have no problem with it. I just prefer all schraders. But Be Well, Bluesfrog
I was hesitant to change to presta valves but upgraded to tubeless and had no choice but to switch I found presta valves from chain reaction cycles that have a built in core remover (nukeproof) and got 2 spare adaptors that screw on so you can use a schrader pump attachment that I carry with me if riding so either way its easy to to put air in if needed as I also use a compressor if at home it makes the job easier , But in saying that since going tubeless I dont have the normal aggravation of puncturing tubes like most things different people different preferences do what suits you most . But I have to say tubeless is my preference now.