View Single Post
Old 02-19-06, 11:21 PM
traildragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Poprad: 05 vs 06?

So...my first post here. I've been lurking for about 3 weeks, which is not coincidentally the time I started looking to buy my first "nice" road bike.

I've been fitted and the Lemond Poprad is a good match for my build, so my question is this: IF I decide to buy the poprad at my lbs, they have ONE 2005 left in stock in my size, brand new (factory specs) for $899. Or...I can buy an 06 for $1199. Are these even good prices for these bikes (US dollars)? I'm thinking about testing the 05 tomorrow, and if I like it, I'd buy it (provided that seems to be a consensus good buy).

I really can't tell the difference between them, although I did notice the 05's frame is True Temper / Reynolds DB Steel whereas the 06's is True Temper OX Platinum Steel. Beyond that, I like (dislike?) both color schemes equally, maybe a slight edge to the orange.

Also, would this be a suitable ride for me? My goals are to get in shape (currently 5-9, 210), ride a 150 mile two day charity ride this summer, and develop this into a hobby/interest. I rode a bit back in high school (7ish years ago) so I'm semi-aware of what I'm getting myself into. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh...and thanks for all the help you all have already provided me with - even though you didn't know you were providing it!