Old 03-24-21, 05:00 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Liked 3,882 Times in 1,442 Posts
Adventures in Shipping

The wonders of the modern shipping ecosphere never cease to amaze me. This weekend I made two online purchases. I bought a headset from a company in Hillsboro, Oregon (about 10 miles from my house), and I bought a couple of Miche cassettes from Lordgun, which were coming from Italy (over 5000 miles from my house). Both orders shipped on Monday -- the local order by USPS, the overseas order by FedEx. The cassettes arrived at my door before lunch today. USPS says the headset will be in my mailbox in an hour or two.

It's funny. When I ordered the cassettes I was resigned to the possibility that due to pandemic-related delays I might not see them for a month or two. I never would have guessed that they'd beat the cassette (which literally would have gotten here sooner if the person shipping it had instead decided to walk to my house and hand it to me). I was in no particular hurry for the headset either, or I would have gone to get it in person. I'm just really amazed at the speed of the international shipping. I had a similar experience recently with some used Campagnolo Daytona parts I had shipped from England that got here in two days. but I thought it must have been a fluke,

Has anyone else had experiences like this?