View Single Post
Old 03-27-21, 12:28 PM
vane171

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
For cycling, I couldn't bring myself to wear 500 bucks on my face.
Reminds me of the scene from a TDF when one of the guys that went down was frantically looking for something around him and the commentator then clarified it, he was looking for his very expensive sunglasses that fell off in the crash. I didn't know that eyewear is not supplied as bicycles are by the team. But maybe some pros choose to wear their own...

Originally Posted by Bigbus
They look good when they're in full tint, but butt ugly when they're not. My opinion and I have zero fashion sense.
You know that you can trim the very large quoted post, say to the one top pic only in this case?

I ride with normal, that is clear prescription glasses, don't need shades. But once I was on a bike in Boulder Co. and the sun was unbearably bright in the dry mountain air. It forced me then wear sunglasses even while walking about as my eyes got red and itchy... In those days I lived and biked around Banff, Alberta Ca, and even if that is a fairly similar setting, I never needed to wear sunglasses.

Also I am in a similar situation as the one who said he can drive, ride without glasses in a pinch. Its OK when I am familiar with the area, which means you don't need to read street names from afar as when you are finding your way in town.

Last edited by vane171; 03-27-21 at 12:40 PM.
Likes For vane171: