View Single Post
Old 03-28-21, 09:35 AM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
When I built up my MBK I was looking for references online for the right bar tape colour; the frame was team colours of the Lotto team circa 1991, so I clicked through a lot of pics of Museeuw, Bruyneel, Redant, and the late Claude Criquielion. When it came time to put in a bike name after my first ride on Strava, I chose “Claude.”

I also named the Yuba the Green Monster. My Cannondale Criterium is on Strava as “Dale.”

These names exist purely for Strava purposes, although I have referred to the Green Monster in polite company.

In my cycling club at school where I first got into the sport, one of the dads who would lead the rides had an ancient beat up beast of a bike named Blue. I cannot recall what brand, model, or year Blue was, but he was probably older than most of us riders. Ol’ Blue was one of the true club characters, and got through many adventures with us in the deepest darkest wilds of the Irish countryside.

Last edited by Leinster; 03-28-21 at 09:41 AM.