View Single Post
Old 03-31-21, 12:49 PM
pcb 

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 286 Posts
Got some decent flat light and some time today for shooting a white frame outdoors. This is an '05 Waterford RS-22 Road-Sport frame, with e-richie Newvex lugs, in stainless steel. The Newvex lugs are Richard Sachs' tribute to the classic Nervex Pro lugset, officially the Nervex Ref. 49 acc to Sachs, reimagined for oversized tubing and higher stems. Acc. to Richard Sachs' post here, he started producing the lugs in '04, so they were relatively new when W'ford used them here. Seems like the stainless steel versions are no longer available:
https://richardsachs.com/product/ric...x-series-lugs/

I built this with a lugged Nitto stem because more lugs = more betterer. I didn't use a lugged Nitto seatpost because I like zero-offset posts, and the Nitto lugged post has a fair amount of setback. You'll also see the new Veloflex Corsa EVO tires I mentioned in an earlier post.

I've also got a fixed-gear RS-22 cousin with the same lugset, made a year later in '06. That one's got a wild pearlescent Purple Haze finish, which in the sunlight and on the wheel brings back fond memories of the '70s. Sometimes other riders complain the paint mesmerizes them so they have a hard time watching the road. The depth and psychedelic effect of the paint never shows well in photos, all you see are fairly large chunks of metalflake, but in real life it's quite a trip. I don't know the official W'ford paint name for this, I came up with Purple Haze. On some days this has the alternate name of The Bicycle Formerly Known As Prince.

'05 Waterford RS-22/Road:

'06 Waterford RS-SS/Fixed-Gear: