View Single Post
Old 04-01-21, 07:25 PM
pcb 

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 286 Posts
Alphabetically Green.....

'80 Echelon Odyssey, built by Cherubim: Echelon was DIN's (Do It Now!) brand, they sourced two models from Cherubim. The Odyssey was sport-tour, the Spectra was road-competition. DIN was a regional Cali distributor, and they only did bikes for a few years, so not a lot of Echelons surface. These are some of the nicest/cleanest small-volume branded frames I've seen, whatever DIN was paying, they got their money's worth. These pix and the build are more than 10yrs old, please forgive my overly-loopy brake casing phase and such.

'82 Columbine Sport-Tour: Got this cheapish on ebay from Pro's Closet with a shabby gold rattle-can respray and replacement fork. Had John Murphy @ Columbine build a new fork, then a respray by Franklin Frames. It's a resto-mod-y 1x build atm. There's another silver-brown '82 Columbine cousin, vintage build on that one, but not green, so not here.

'76 Strawberry, built by Mark DiNucci, recent vintage build: Mark torched this barely into his '20s, and I can't think of any other contemporary US builders his age with the mature vision and sense of line Mark had back then. Fork is original, with mis-matched paint, weird story there.

'98 Rivendell Road Custom, built by Joe Starck: The frame was a covid buy for me, and I decided to build it as silvery & Riv-y as I could stand. My brain quickly rejected the 9spd friction downtube shifting, changed to 10spd indexed dt. Front is a TA Alize 130bcd 40t tripelizer, kinda 1x + 24t granny bail-out. I'm debating going period-correct STI, but will probably leave as is, but change out the Campy brake levers for something Shimano.