Old 04-02-21, 09:49 AM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,451 Times in 1,558 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
Never seen one of these in the flesh before, thought they were all recalled but someone might be hungry and they did have a nice French group. Only ever seen them listed for waay more cash. At 6'5 seller was waay off on a 55cm bike

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik...300431615.html

San Francisco

Late 80's Peugeot Comete - $350 (portola valley)

Selling my childhood dream bike, single owner. Took care of this bike through out the years. It is fully tuned and ready to go with the original seat included. I am 6'5" so I extended the handlebars a bit but realized I am better off getting a new bike.
Nice enough little bike and they were all recalled but who knows how many might have escaped. I was repping for the company while the recall was going on and found a really nice 59cm (the largest) Galaxie in the pile of recalled bikes accumulating in the New Jersey warehouse. It's the same frame with first-gen 105 components. They allowed me to take it on the condition that I never ride the thing.

And it was not a French group, but an assemblage of Euro components; Huret derailleurs and shifters, Weinmann brakes and levers, Solida(?) crank, etc.