Old 02-20-06, 03:27 PM
geraldatwork

Bikes: 2005 Windsor Kennet, 1982 Raleigh Super Course

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheeseflavor
You know, there were some things that I really liked about the brooks (mine was the B.17 Champion Special). I liked that it was smooth and I could move around on it easily. I just couldn't stay on it for long periods of time without the junk going numb. Actually, numbness would set in after only about 15 minutes and would last for a few hours after the ride.

500 miles was enough for me

Thanks for the reply though!

Steve
I don't have experience with this particular saddle. But seat angle is critical. Even the slightest adjustment can make all of the difference. I was on my 3rd saddle with my stuff going numb and was about to try another saddle. I figured this was ridiculous. So I got out a level and started fooling around with the seat. Making an adjustment and riding for a while. I tried totally level. Slightly up in the front and slightly down in the front. I found basically horizontal with the front very slightly down works for me. It was amazing just the slightest change in angle made all of the difference. I actually needed a level on the seat to determine my minor changes. I would bet if I went back to the 2wo reject seats they would of worked also.