Old 04-09-21, 09:42 AM
sloppy12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
I'm not sure what you get from walmart for $150 nowadays. The Denalis the grad students used to get for $70 on sale were a questionable value proposition in my estimation. Steel rims and sheet metal brakes just aren't a good combination.

Penn State had a bike share, but I think it might have ended. I think that's ideal. I don't believe it was a dockless system, which I think would help ridership. Turns out riding across campus the long way is dead flat. The program was still going when my son graduated. I probably should have told my son to ride one of those bikes and we'd pay for it.
Huffy's single speeds with coaster break or the huffy with the beer cell phone holder that's a 7speed are both super popular on the campus I am on. both are under 150 the cranbrook cruiser is usually under a 100.

This year however its all old mountain bikes or vintage bikes. Like I am about breaking my neck sometimes because of the bikes that are chained up this year. I suspect the lack of cheap bikes at walmart has people dusting off grand pa's bike.

I know this much end of semester when surplus goes and picks all of the dead soldiers up I am going to make my wife mad dragging some of these things home.