Old 04-10-21, 07:26 AM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclist2000
Well this years riding has been derailed. Last week on March 31st, I was planning on doing a short 25 mile ride to finish off the miles for the month. I was taking a new route, following google maps the road changes to a mix of loose gravel over a rock hard ground. The rear end of my bike fishtailed as I rode on this trail. I decided to turn around to be safe. The rear wheel broke loose and I went down, I couldn’t get my foot out of the cleat, the only thing that I thought as broken hip. After 2 hours of surgery and 5 days in the hospital (so far) my Doctor told me that this is the worst hip fracture that he has ever seen. I fractured my femur in 5 places and tore a lot of muscle. The repaired leg won’t bear my weight for 4 months. So I get to cycle again on August, unless some really good healing occurs. We’ll see you guys in about4 months.
Prayers for a speedy recovery . Hope you’re young enough for a full recovery.
I’ve had two falls in the past year , just about 12 months apart . Thankfully, I was only bruised and scratched up . I’m not sure I’d recover from an injury like that . Best of luck .

Gravel road riding seems to be the big thing around here at the moment. I thought , that sounds like fun , then I thought about all of that loose gravel and decided I’ll stick with my neighborhood streets and an occasional MUP ride or a belt line ride .

Last edited by OldCruiser; 04-10-21 at 08:25 AM.
Likes For OldCruiser: