View Single Post
Old 04-10-21, 11:41 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkinOz
Picked up this Equalizer frame, Kusuki Winpista bars and stem, Tange Levin CD headset and a Shimano 105sc BB for $60aud. Once I’ve worked on the frame a little I intend to bring it back to spec. I love the monochrome colouring with the splashes of colour....very late 80s early 90s. The serial number reads M0L01530.
Can any one point me towards the catalogue for this 90’s Equalizer as I can’t find the American version, only the European. Many Thanks.
An American catalog isn't going to help. The S/N indicates a 1990 or 1991 model manufactured in 1990. In the USA, Western States Imports discontinued the Centurion brand in late 1989, marketing the 1990 road bicycles under the Diamond Back brand, which had previously been limited to ATB and BMX.

The Centurion brand was owned by different companies, depending on the country. This why Centurion survived in Europe after it disappeared in the USA. The brand owners in each country were responsible for naming and specifying the models. Consequently, models often varied, sometimes significantly, between markets. Basically, you'd have to find an Australian market catalogue to ensure the right specs. Having said, we've seen two 1990, Australian market Equalizers. Both used a Shimano 600 Ultegra group. Refer to posts #668 and 2010 of this thread.
Likes For T-Mar: