View Single Post
Old 04-12-21, 01:32 PM
wthensler 

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR 7, 2012 Giant Defy 0, 2012 Trek Domane 6.2 P1, Bianchi Infinito CV disc Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 250 Posts
Hi all,

I've been away for months and off the bike all year. Even though I wasn't going to plan last year's 8,500 miles, I still planned on a robust year (5-6k miles).

Well, in January I took a nasty (freak) fall on someone's farm of all places and fractured my spinal lumber (#2). It was extremely painful and unfortunately, not the first time I've had a compression fracture (first time was 40 years ago in a car wreck) so I was wondering if it would allow me to ride again, given my age, etc.

I can't think about. what I've lost, but rather just keep going and pay the cards I have.

Well, I've been healing slowly and managed about 25 miles today. I'm going to ease into it, so may not ride or even post everyday, but certainly not giving up. Don't feel too bad right now, we'll see how it feels tomorrow AM, lol!

And of course I am officially a clydesdale again at 207 lbs, so there's that, too....not riding will do that.

Last edited by wthensler; 04-12-21 at 01:37 PM.