View Single Post
Old 02-20-06, 05:26 PM
skanking biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, yes, play the slavery card---it works so well

GO over to china and ask one of millions of people there who moved from a muddy hovel barely eating into a city to work for what you think is pittance----to them its a fortune and for every person that quits, there are 500 more waiting in line to take his place. Not that the workers there arent underpaid---but its all relative to their standard of living beforehand---Plus, those workers over there have one heck of a work ethic.

I try to buy american as much as possible, but the reality is, most AM products these days are overpriced compared to foreign goods and with a neglgieable increase in quality. Most of the price difference is the company recouping the health benefits/pensions to its employees. SO its not like the increased price is representing a corresponding increase in quality. Thats the primary reason GM is having so many problems--its got so much build in fixed costs with union benefits, they can't price their vehciles competitivly and to do so means reducing other costs--i.e. making a sub-par quality product.
=====
So rather than judging a transaction by its voluntariness, you judge it by a self-imposed "fairness" standard. Who, pray tell, is the all knowing, all powerful adjudicator of what is "fair"---what great circle of my "betters" gets to decide what is fair? What elitist platonic guardians get to tell me when and how i can sell or buy something?