Old 02-20-06, 05:39 PM
mcoine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MattP.
My thoughts on your bike:

1. Cantes? I mean honestly, how much mtb'ing can you do while running cantes? Must be kind of hard on those rocky, steep switchbacks.

2. How much travel does that fork get? 65 mm? 70? Looks like it has about the same travel as the wal Mart bike. Is there even seals on that fork? In the third pic, it sure looks like it doesnt!

3. So your drivetrain shifts like butta? I can't imagine it shifting too well w/ a 10 year old, $5.00 rear derailleur and (most likely) stock gripshifts.

4. Cute dork disc and reflectors! Do your ride on the sidewalk also?

5. That computer is hideous! You could have at least sprung for the $5 more expensive model and got wireless.

6. I like the stem! Looks like something my grandma's bike would have. Kind of reminds me of the 40 year old virgin's bike! haha

I'll give your props on the cranks though. Although they probably cost more than the bike itself...
I'm not saying this stuff isn't true, but its obvious you are a newbie to mtn biking. There was actually a time when people used no front suspension and canti's, and we rode fast and hard. So a lot of mountain biking occured on canti's. I have 70mm of travel, but I personally think suspensions are for sissies.