Old 04-13-21, 07:10 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18415 Post(s)
Liked 15,546 Times in 7,329 Posts
Originally Posted by Illgot
so here is the deal.

1) I have two bad knees but still like to ride. It is the only time I get to move around fast and bicycling is a light impact exercise on my old knees.

2) I live in an apartment building which not only uses key fobs on every door but for some reason decided the key fob should be 4 feet from the door so you have to fob, rush to the door while holding your bike, pull the door open, then keep the door open while you ferry your bicycle through because the doors have pistons.

3) the apartment I live in has two small elevators. One is down frequently and the jackasses that live in my building (12 floors) like to hold the elevator on their floor for reasons. It could be anything from a person deciding to keep the elevator on their floor while they unload groceries to workers keeping the elevator on their floor while they are replacing carpeting. The apartment also likes to reserve the elevator for people moving in which at times has left us with no working elevators even though it is against the disabilities act in my state.

4) I have a car but prefer to bike when shopping with in a 5 mile radius. I also work with in 5 miles so I bike to work and shop on the way home. I often use two panniers on my bike (hence why I use a gravel bike) either stuffed with work related gear or groceries. This is when I usually run into issues with the doors because the bike becomes cumbersome especially when carrying 50 pounds of bike and gear up 7 flights of stairs.

5) what, is this all you have to offer to this topic?

I'm just looking for suggestions on decent summer bicycle pants that are tear resistant from the metal teeth on bicycle pedals.
You want pants because the teeth snag clothing too easily. I still don’t get it.

“and don't want my knees to lower legs exposed because those teeth slice through my skin and snag clothing too easily.”