Old 04-14-21, 11:38 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3195 Post(s)
Liked 1,727 Times in 1,045 Posts
I’ve got a ‘19 T-Lab X3, which I chose because I wanted an innovative design from a smaller builder, and found the construction of the X3 compelling. I also appreciate that it’s a lesser known brand, but one with a lot of expertise and experience coming from the old Guru team. I wound up finding and winning an eBay auction for the frameset at a great price, so that was awesome.

I’ve only just completed the build so cannot really comment on happiness with it in a meaningful way, but my initial impressions are that it’s spry and the handling on point, so I’m expecting to love the miles to come!

SCTinkering I have a modified Vector finish on this one, notably that it is only beadblasted and matte painted, without the brushed accents on the top- and down tubes. Only the model designation on the seat tube and chainstay are brushed. Anyway, the beadblast looks cool, but if you scuff it, you’re screwed; paint can be touched up or light scratches polished out, and brushed Ti can be retouched with a Scotchbrite pad, which is cool. I mean, you can try to touch up beadblast at home if you have a compressor, but getting the media mix right to match the finish is tricky. Were I ordering to spec, I’d probably go Lux brushed with custom paint on the front half, like the one they did with Boyd for NAHBS.

Likes For chaadster: