Old 04-14-21, 12:03 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3,038 Times in 1,948 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
Same here! When I am around my family, seems one of the main topics is about how each family member is staying healthy by eating daily at McDonald's while choosing the healthy choices available. And if I mention eating at home is a better choice, fo'getaboutit! Another inlaw suggests that his doctor told him to keep doing what he is doing as he is keeping his diabetic numbers down. So he continues to pound vodka because the doc suggested it.

Another guy who does not touch fast food here. I actually left a bike group as the rides seem like competitive fun but the meet points are always geared toward places the riders can pound beer after the ride. Being one of the stronger riders, I can never figure out why the riders talk about getting into shape and getting faster but at the end of the ride, they feel the need to pound beer. Heck, might as well start at a McD's.
I try to avoid food topics with any family member. It's worse than talking politics. I accept that my ways will be ridiculed in some manner. So I limit my exposure like they limit there visits. Life's too short to care about what others think.