Old 04-14-21, 05:23 PM
@johnoliva1

Bikes: '94 Litespeed Ultimate, Litespeed SS, 72 Raleigh Super Course, 73 Raleigh Super Course SS, 81 Panasonic DX2000 chrome, 74 Panasonic Sport modded, 86' Mongoose ATB Chrome modded, 97 Specialized Stumpjumper modded

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Making my road bike more nimble questions, need help!

Hey guys, I’m an everyday rider, and I have a question for knowledgeable cyclists here that have ridden different frame sizes with different reaches in their day. Here’s my dilemma and question -

I just got a sweet one off litespeed single speed bike that’s a 53cm. It’s a nice tight ride, the bike handles amazingly, it’s very responsive and nimble. I love it....

My road bike is a Litespeed ultimate from 96 55cm, with a seemingly long Ibis ti stem and basically I’m more stretched out over my front wheel on this bike and I don’t like it compared to the other bike.

My question - if opt for a short cinelli or Nitto quill stem and essentially match the seat to cockpit distances etc, do you guys think the bike will handle more like the single speed?

both bikes have 165mm cranks, and I’m aware that the singlespeed has an oval downtube and clover top tube for strength. The ultimate flexes more, but I’m cool with that for the long hauls, I like it.

If anyone here has experience in bouncing around between 53, 54, and 55cm classics geometry, any advice is greatly appreciated!

The new Litespeed...a Tuscanny single speed? You tell me! Please!