Ted Noiz
Fatbiker

Bikes: 2013 Surly Pugsley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
You said smoking only puts it into the respiratory system. This is not accurate. Compounds of the smoke get into the blood stream through the walls of the air sacs, the same way oxygen is transferred from the air we breathe into the blood stream. Those compounds in your blood stream are what get you high, not oxygen deprivation.
Exactly. I wasn't clear enough... the oxygen deprivation is an aside, which you get when you hold your breath, which is what you do when you smoke weed, and which you get when breathing into the respiratory system the compounds of the weed, which displace oxygen. Like the spoiled child who holds his breath when he can't get what he wants, depriving himself of oxygen until he passes out. Smoking weed, we deprive ourselves of oxygen only temporarily, thus enhancing our little buzz momentarily, hopefully not passing out, falling down and banging our head on a hard surface, so that we can stay conscious and enjoy our little buzz while it lasts.

As for me, I bypassed all this fiasco and simply ate my goods, wasting nothing, breathing no smoke, not stinking up the place and displacing pain instead of oxygen. My buzz is optimally and evenly distributed throughout my body, so to speak.