Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
1. How old are you?
2. Fitness level on a scale of 1-10
3. Cycling skill, 1-10
4. Typical riding conditions?
- Mostly roads. Light gravel on rare, rare occasion. Usually rolling hills. Only cycle when it is dry, live outside LA. It is always dry! When I lived in Northern Australia I rode in the rain for like half the year.

5. What sort of riding your bike is best suited to? What's the geometry designed for?

- Road and light gravel. Relaxed and steady geometry.

6. What would you change about your bike?

- WHEELS!!!

7. Do you bike for fitness rides? Commuting? Joy rides? Do you drive or rely on your bike for everything?

- I was have been a commuter for several years of my life off and on. Currently for joy and fitness. I hope to try some adventuring and backpacking this summer.

8. Do you focus on any sort of specific excersises in accessory to cycling? How does it improve your performance?

- Yoga, core work, and basic weight lifting

9. How often do you partake in long distance rides?

- Working my way towards them. I want to try a gran fondo in the future.

10. Do you perform your own maintenance?

- as much as I can and still feel safe on the bike.

11. How does cycling impact your nutrition?

- positively. I am more in tune with what I eat and how I hydrate.

12. Is cycling more cardiovascular or muscular hypertrophy based, in your opinion?

- Cardio. With an American Football background and an ex-lineman at that, cycling is very much cardiovascular for me.

13. Do you have more than one bike?
- I am working on it!

14. How does cycling help you cope with stress, depression, etc?

A huge release and escape. Cycling helps me be fully present during my exercise time. I usually get lost in the sights, sounds, and feelings of being on the bike. The emotional and chemical boost after a good ride it tangible too. A week without a good ride and I feel myself get edgy and less pleasant.

15. Do you ride in the rain, cold weather?

Cold yes (if you can call 12C/53F cold). Rain, no.

16. How cycling friendly is the area where you live? Accessibility to paved trails? Gravel? Singletrack?

South Bay in the Los Angeles area is pretty good for cycling. The LA River, some nice areas, the strand along the beach. Not too much gravel near me, but other parts of LA have heaps.