View Single Post
Old 04-22-21, 09:24 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 709 Times in 441 Posts
Sit Bones measurement: Sit Bones Width Measurement and Bike Saddle Selection - BikeFit
A good pair of padded underwear, or shorts, for cycling are VERY helpful. I almost got rid of a saddle, that has turned out to be just fine, after finding biking shorts that work for me. Of course, adjusting the saddle is important also, and is a matter of trial and error. Some saddles feel fine perfectly "level", while some may feel better with the nose tilted up or downward, more forward, or towards the back of the bike. If you do buy a new saddle, read the fine print-some manufacturers offer a trial period in which the saddle may be returned. WTB has an interesting saddle fit system-I've never used it, so can't say how accurate it might be, but here's a link if you care to read it: Fit Right System – WTB
You may want to contact the bike shop, even if not close by, to see if they have any "take off" saddles that you might try on a trial basis. Might find one that works for you, and avoid ordering, trying, maybe returning, etc. Lots of good saddles out there, just don't go with what is described as a "comfort" saddle, that is too soft, you might like it around the block, but most likely not in the long run.
Likes For freeranger: