Old 04-23-21, 04:50 AM
elcruxio

Bikes: 2011 Specialized crux comp, 2013 Specialized Rockhopper Pro

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 228 Posts
I started losing weight when I started eating more (often). As in I would often skip lunch and be famished at dinner time. Then I'd overeat at dinner and the cycle of not really losing weight was ready. I did stay at a stable (albeit slightly too high) weight for years though. So trying to lose weight was difficult.

With some changes in our daily routine and the wife staying at home all day every day forced me to eat lunch. I'd force myself to eat something even when I really did not have an apetite. That in turn would suppress my apetite at dinner so the small something at lunch lead to only small something at dinner at well. Smaller portions, no seconds etc. It seems that caused a net calorie loss which has been lowering my weight slowly but surely for the last ten months or so.

It's nice because I can eat whatever I want. But I want to eat is small portions of stuff some would consider healthy. Heavier foods like steaks and burgers have to a large extent lost their luster for me. Sometimes they're nice but they really are a rare treat. And even then I prefer them in a michelin star setting with multiple other main courses (I can't afford that stuff myself but it's nice having a boss who likes taking the workforce out to eat once a year)
Likes For elcruxio: