Old 05-02-21, 09:00 AM
leif20
Just get out and ride

Bikes: 1990 Trek 420, 2011 Giant Escape City

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another potential cause of higher Crr while standing and climbing could be the force with which one pedals while standing, since you are able to shift weight aggressively and almost hop side to side, the hopping can be considered added force to the force of one's bodyweight. Since Crr is a function of normal force, this suggests the rolling friction could be higher when standing.

Combine that with the torsional wind up in the rear tire as it rolls along, those two phenomenon could increase the losses relative to seated climbing. I'm not suggesting this effect is massive, but the theory seems to suggest at least some increase.

Originally Posted by rubiksoval
I've used tubular glue and then some sealant on the inside. This has worked once out of two tries, so, eh, not too sure.
I wonder if the little park tool self-adhesive patches would work on latex. Probably not a permanent solution but maybe enough to get me home. Doesn't bother me to pump each road ride, on a commuter I do not pump each time.

On the topic of latex tubes, there seems to be some differences of opinion around whether or not 'feel' is enhanced or decreased with a latex or butyl tube on the front. Since I have a steel frame and fork bike I tend to feel the road quite well anyways. I think I will try some rides with the new Conti 5ks and latex tube in the front (for 'feel') and then in the rear (for the extra watt or two difference).