Old 05-03-21, 09:03 AM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8322 Post(s)
Liked 9,132 Times in 4,513 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Drawing up a birthday ride route. I'm already expecting to probably ride it alone. I like routes not conducive to diverse groups. Groups = mostly flat super long straight roads. Me = curve, curve, hill, covered bridge, the only 100 yards of cobblestone in town, hill, etc.... Not conducive to diverse groups. Whatever, I'll enjoy myself either way.
I did a "birthday ride" last Saturday. I wanted to try an old route of about 80 miles with 7700 feet of climbing. I hadn't done anything like that in a while. I also wanted to do it solo so I wouldn't blow up chasing people and suffer to the end. The high point was only around 5000 feet but it was plenty cold descending the back side on the ridge. Lots of headwind for the last 30+ miles but I didn't have any problems except the traffic sucked when I got back to civilization. I didn't take any pics but found a couple on line of the area. I also did a 65 mile club ride this Saturday to have back to back birthday rides for turning 67.

I crossed this bridge half way up the first 9 mile climb. I'm going over the top of the ridge to the left of where the sun is.

Had one tunnel on the route. I don't like tunnels but traffic was very light at this point.

Lots of this.

I don't know how I forgot the second tunnel, maybe because I do this one so often. It's on the road where they filmed the movie "Duel".

Last edited by big john; 05-03-21 at 09:26 AM.
Likes For big john: