View Single Post
Old 05-03-21, 02:49 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10424 Post(s)
Liked 11,898 Times in 6,094 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
If you don't want to wait for answers, a similar question was posed in 2019 and you can read those responses. I believe you will not find any competent person agreeing to remove rim material. WARNING: Tricks may appear in the following thread.
Tight tires, grind down tight rim to decrease diameter?

And there have been bad tire rim combinations going back decades; way before tubeless.

My only suggestion, while not a trick, is to first see if you can mount the same tire from another bike that you have ridden for a while. It may still not work. But I have found that after a tire has been mounted and ridden for a while it does become easier to remove/mount. I imagine some will disagree, but stuffing a 2.1 WTB Velociraptor into a sub 14mm wide Matrix Mt Titan rim has taught me differently.

John
This. I used to run new Contis on wheels with Velocity rims for a while before trying to mount them on Fulcrum rims. Out of the box, I just didn't have enough hand strength to do it, but after a week of being inflated on another rim, they were doable with hands only.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles