View Single Post
Old 05-04-21, 12:23 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4245 Post(s)
Liked 1,350 Times in 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I think everyone pretty much has read the OP's post carefully enough.
No, they only saw "GPS" and ignored all the other stuff.

Until the OP responds one way or the other about whether they do or don't want a GPS there is no reason to not suggest other GPS cyclometers or wrist worn devices. As well there is no reason not to also suggest non-GPS devices.
There is no reason to ignore all the other stuff and assume he is looking for a GPS. And complain about other people making assumptions when they aren't (you didn't do that).

So why do you argue so fervently that the OP doesn't want a GPS? Just state what you think is something for them to look at and don't worry so much about what others recommend.
??? I didn't "argue so fervently that the OP doesn't want a GPS". You aren't reading things carefully.

I said that he doesn't need a GPS given what he explicitly listed as the features he wanted.

Given what he explicitly listed and that he wanted something with "simple functions" and "doesn't need maps or anything complicated", it's a reasonable conclusion that he really doesn't want a GPS.

Note that I indicated that recording tracks is the distinctive feature of a basic GPS unit. The point of that was to be clear that, if that was a feature he was interested in, he would want a GPS! (
cyccommute chided me for mentioning that feature and then proceeded to repeat it!)

So, yeah, you and
cyccommute are not reading things carefully enough.

Last edited by njkayaker; 05-04-21 at 12:42 PM.