View Single Post
Old 05-08-21, 03:12 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
Well. it was the last 7 mile stretch of my 45 mile ride. Flat and few obstacles so I push myself some to burn extra energy I have. So for this 7 mile stretch, sometimes I am going faster than 22 (might see 24 on the screen) and sometimes a little slower (might see 19).

This last stretch 22.8 for 7+ miles. Number 2,474 our of 26,013 riders. Yeah, there are a lot of riders here in Calif. And that is my solo effort. Who knows what the others are doing to get those speeds as I never see guys going that fast. I know one guy who is superfast and he averages about 24. I'm guessing the other guys are in big packs, just my guess.

For the 45, average can be from 17 to 19 MPH average speed. Good enough for me.

So out of 26,000 riders, I guess around 2,000 ain't bad. I ain't fast but I ain't slow.

I rarely see ebikes doing 45+ mile rides out here. Most I see are very short, 20 'ish that I notice but I could be wrong. So doing a decent 45 mile rides, why would I NEED an ebike?

Last stretch of 7 miles on the 45. I am somewhere along the way cruising at 22.

You sound kind of fast, Id guess that the ebiker that annoyed you only did what he did because you were fast, and if anything you should take it as a compliment. I wasn't there though