View Single Post
Old 05-13-21, 09:39 PM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
[QUOTE=UCantTouchThis;22058505
But common sense says that if there is cyclist heading your way, and a car that could kill the cyclist, the jogger should be considerate enough to step aside as he is the one going against traffic and can make things easier on all. I know what I talking about, just not giving privileges to joggers, they need to think follow the system. I ride my bike, I do as traffic does and don't go head on with anyone that has the right of way.
.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I would hate to live where you do; that there’s so much traffic that bikes and cars and runners are constantly having to make thre-way passes all the time.

I think some of the issue here comes from the concept of who has right-of-way. Generally, it flows ‘down hill’ bikes give room to foot traffic, cars should give room to bikes, and everyone gets where they’re going with a minimum of drama and disruption.

I get that there’s an expectation by some cyclists that bike lanes are for the exclusive use of bikes, but yelling at runners in the bike lane isn’t any different from car drivers yelling at cyclists to ‘get off the road “

Bike lanes are few and far between where I live, so we all have to use the same pavement. Seems to work ok. Any road that has enough traffic to need a bike lane, isn’t somewhere I’d want to go running, anyhow.
Likes For Ironfish653: