Thread: Frequent flats?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-21, 06:59 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Thanks all for the advice, I did cover the basics of removing the tire, pulling out the tube and testing for the hole which was discovered. I assumed it was my fault and replaced the tube but the same thing happened and that's was what triggered me to create this post, assuming there was something out of the ordinary as to why this happened twice.

As per the advice above, I pulled off the tire, checked the rim tape and wheel closely but they are new, so no problems there. So then i looked at the Gatorskin "puncture resistant" tire and found this tiny little metal spike which was clearly the culprit of the slow puncture. Not sure what it was but it looked liked the tiniest nail imaginable that penetrated the tire and punctured the tube.

I went out the other day and bought a bunch of spare tubes at a good price so hopefully i am in the clear for a while.
Likes For gthomson: