View Single Post
Old 05-22-21, 07:18 AM
CampioneDeCasa

Bikes: Bianchi Brava, Bianchi Vittoria, Framed Savona, Lotus Eclair, Lotus Aero Sport, Trek Marlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Personally, I cannot see myself replacing my 2X for this Classified rear hub. It is not worth the money. It isn't just the 2300 Euros for the kit, it would also require different spacing and therefore, a whole new frame. In 50 years, I have never had a problem with front derailleurs. But this Classified gear does allows a great deal more efficiency than a 2X or 1X. It looks like a great device, it just won't fit any of my bikes or any that I would likely buy in the near future.
I totally agree about the price and availability. I guess there's only so many ways to repackage the question until I'm willing to concede that this may, in fact, be a very passing phase in the neverending slog of short lived bike tech.

I originally was going to add something about how it seems lots of companies are already giving people the option for a wider tire at 650b sizing for some new gravel/tour/cross bikes, so it could potentially still fit the same frame, but then there's no built in way to actuate the hub and I'm all Brian McKnight and starting back at one.