Thread: Paramount build
View Single Post
Old 05-23-21, 11:30 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4533 Post(s)
Liked 6,439 Times in 3,704 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
Merziac,
You ever build a race tire and and find it didn't have the same diameter as you needed? It happens quite often in dirt track racing where we have to adjust the tire pressure to keep the wheel within specs for the inspection before the race.
Now about that wheel build thing. It really is just a few steps. Drive spokes on the inside of the drive flange, non drive side pulling the same way, and then putting in the supporting spokes on both sides from the outside of the wheel. Smiles, MH
Happens all the time, we know that, just curious if it was intentional or just worked out that way, still seems like a small tire for this bike.

I'm running 32's and 27x1.25 on everything now days as I take many a path and dirt road when I can and find them, way more sure footed and compliant when it matters.

And I get the wheel building thing, been there but haven't done that, just one of those things I can't visualize and didn't completely force myself down that road yet.

Too many other things I can see through to a good outcome in a reasonable amount of time, maybe if I ever get to retire.