Old 05-24-21, 09:31 AM
SCTinkering

Bikes: 2020 T-Lab X-3 w/GRX Di2, 2018 Trek FX-5S with GRX/Xt 1x drive train

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Clearly - your current attention and focus is on your relationship to food. The details included in your post represent an over simplification of exercise nutrition and hydration.
The fueling was the point, focusing on the nutrition part of this sub-forum with a thread of "BTW the computer tracks actual power/calorie output via power meter and provides a calculated prompt of when to eat & drink" with my outcome being I didn't feel worn out, or exhausted after 105 miles. Pacing is part of it by hydration and food were also key.

Honestly I've never see anyone else in this forum or on reedit post about their experience with Garmin Smart Eat/Drink. One of the post objectives was to get feedback from others that have leveraged this feature and what their results were.

The fact that I made a lot of what I took along was more of a footnote to say "Oh btw, you don't really need to rely on processed gels & bars." but then I really like too cook which I don't expect everyone else to share. More of a "Real food can be more palatable, but consume what works for you from a time & nutrition standpoint."