Old 05-24-21, 12:21 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2698 Post(s)
Liked 3,256 Times in 1,710 Posts
I get less flats on latex. I run them with turbo cottons on 55 mm carbon wheels (Spesh Venge) and they are fast AF compared to my aluminum box rim clinchers with butyl tubes that I train on (Giant TCR). Are they noticeably faster than butyl on the same setup? IDK, I haven't controlled for that. But all together they are quite speedy. My TTT captain is a total powerhouse and he swears by them so I'll basically do whatever he says. My TT wheels are latex w Corsa Speed up front (Hed Jet) and Vittoria Tubular rear (disc wheel) which is also latex.

You have to be more careful on install and inflate more often, and they are more expensive, but I want to say that it is worth it and potentially the most cost effective speed you can buy. When I install them, I inflate to low PSI and "push" the wheel into the ground while rolling, then inflate/deflate to high PSI twice. They work fine and I've run my turbo cottons all the way down without getting a flat. I ride these wheels for weekend group rides and training occasionally too.
Likes For TMonk: