Old 05-25-21, 02:16 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,803 Times in 1,801 Posts
BTW, Hypno Toad , while it won't help with degenerative joint conditions, I can recommend Ted's Pain Cream for chronic joint pain. Particularly for injuries that have healed but still ache for whatever reason. The website for Ted's has all the info on the theory and research (it was developed by neuroscientists), but basically their theory is that topical resveratrol seems to be effective at "resetting" nerves that are still stuck in pain mode long after an injury has healed. Worked on my old shoulder an neck injuries when nothing else worked.

It's also worked on more recent pain in my knees and hip from running with poor form because I was so out of shape for running. And I get pain in my wrists and bases of the thumb joints from amateur boxing injuries decades ago. Works for that too. It's a serious relief because I can't take NSAIDs for long at a time -- I have an autoimmune disorder that responds with psoriasis in my skin and psoriatic arthritis flare-ups if I use NSAIDs for more than a couple of days, and only very occasionally. I don't get any side effects from using Ted's.

The only active ingredients they can claim are those approved by the FDA or other organizations: wintergreen, menthol, etc., with MSM as a transdermal carrier. There are other topical analgesics with the same ingredients. But Ted's adds reseveratrol, and it worked for me while others didn't. (Incidentally, they started out investigating topical CBD and found it wasn't effective -- that was my experience as well using two or three different CBD balms from companies that do make very good quality orally ingested CBD.)

Be sure to use it as directed: three times a day for about two weeks. The theory is that it takes time for the resveratrol to build up. And it's not effective on new injuries or deep muscle pain, just on surface level joint and tissue pain.

BTW, a caution regarding some of the customer comments: I've read some comments claiming it's an effective replacement for opiates. That's ... I want to say nonsense but pain is very subjective so maybe some users do have that experience. I can say it's nowhere near as effective as prescription pain relievers for me. But it is the most effective topical analgesic I've tried. And roughly comparable to a course of NSAIDs, including diclofenac, and possibly as effective as my injections of anti-inflammatories. But way less painful that steroidal anti-inflammatory injections. And better for my system than oral NSAIDs. Just wanted to be sure I don't sound like a shill or hyping the stuff unrealistically. But I do like it well enough that I'm on my third tube in three years. It lasts awhile because I don't need it every day.

Last edited by canklecat; 05-25-21 at 02:22 AM.