Old 05-26-21, 12:46 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 286 Posts
That hub has had very little use, and no abuse. You can look up the official minimum drag, whereas many "performance parts" have no measurable effect at all. Human power is precious, and human brains are built to conserve it. That's why we ride bicycles. It is unfortunate that direct drive to a big wheel loses efficiency in other ways, but quite wonderful that a chain drive can both transfer power, and provide a wide gear range. If there is a chain, gears are redundant.
Sounds like you are having a real drag over this. CyclingAbout has the most comprehensive info on anything Rohloff. I can't detect the difference in efficiency and once your derailleur chain system gets a little dirt mixed in with the oil, it is not in any way an advantage. Like most people I rode the cheaply produced overpriced derailleur setup for years. Compared to the Rohloff with a belt, the derailleur system is a high maintenance B!. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I go somewhere in my car I want to drive it. Even though there is maintenance to be done on a car, It is not a high maintenance B!. I just want to ride my bicycle and not mess with the drive train and the Rohloff with a belt accomplishes this. Once you go Rohloff you will never go back!
Likes For Rick: