View Single Post
Old 05-31-21, 05:36 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by Cougrrcj
Damn! Thanks a FREAKING lot!
Now you've got me hankering for some good ol' BBQ (As long as it isn't that yellow sauce crap from eastern NC).

Some of the BEST BBQ I've ever had was in Dallas... Next in line was Huntsville AL...
We have some really good pork bbq all across NC so we can work these into wherever we ride! We just make sure it’s cooked over wood and not artificially flavored with liquid smoke!! I grew up eating Western style NC bbq and am partial to it but there’s some eastern style that’s pretty tasty as well.

More joints are doing bbq chicken these days and I love it. That day I couldn’t decide between the pork and chicken so got both! I actually liked the chicken better.

Like you I’ve had a great experience with a Texas brisket as well. I was driving back to NC from AZ and after being on the road for hours with nowhere to stop in Western Texas a bbq joint appeared out of nowhere. The beef brisket was incredible. I was so full after that meal it made for some tough driving that afternoon!!!