Old 06-01-21, 07:29 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
Liked 1,726 Times in 1,044 Posts
Originally Posted by FelixScout
Except the wheels are smaller than the original so theh have long reach brakes. The stem and bars are from something a decade newer than the frame. So it is a hack job.
That was addressed upthread as likely false by cyccommute and I agree. Again, if you don’t know what you’re looking at, one can concoct any number of “interesting” theories, but the truth of this bike is extremely mundane. It’s an extremely low-quality bike— literally as cheap as bikes come— which has only made it to today probably ecause it was not ridden much. I see no indication it has been lovingly maintained over the past 30 years, out of necessity or otherwise, and actually suspect it was cheaply tarted up for sale to some sucker. I mean, there’s paint overspray on the rims and brake bits, fresh looking electrical tape, no decals, a rusty chain, hastily positioned brake levers, and heavily yellowed, brittle spoke protector. It’s pure folly to believe this is some example of the “necessary ingenuity of poverty.”
Likes For chaadster: