Old 06-05-21, 04:43 AM
FelixScout
Rider who can know more

Bikes: 1995 Trek 850 Mountain Track turned trail and road bike, 1989 Centurion Le Mans RS, 1993 Bianchi Advantage. Dead: 1982 Schwinn Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Can I find exact examples? No. But there are plenty similar examples that show the same elements. For example, this Huffy Scout looks exactly with the same brakes. Conversion from a road bike? Probably not.

Huffy Cherokee. Probably mid80s given the bull moose bars. Again, similar brakes, crank, and drivetrain.

Newer version of the Cherokee. How do I know? The flat bars and stem very similar to the one in your pictures. Bull Moose bars fell out of favor by the mid80s and were mostly gone by the 90s.

And here are two Huffys from a 1990 J.C. Penney catalog. Notice the same elements like Aushtabula crank, long reach stamped brakes, plastic clips for the cabling, and cheap stamped steel stem.

And here’s Huffy’s hybrid version. They have 26” wheels and the same long reach side pull. Note the distance between the fork and the tire, then compare it your picture. It’s easy to see the similarities and to note that they aren’t due to a wheel change.

Although I hate to admit it, I’ve seen and actually worked on enough of them that I’ve become something of an expert on them.
Well there I go. This is much less interesting than I thought.

Well done, I concede the point.
Likes For FelixScout: