View Single Post
Old 06-07-21, 04:40 PM
wkc

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8 105 2016, Trek DS 8.5 2015, ProAce (1986?)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BCDrums
wkc,

I admire your rigorous approach to tracking down the errors. But I am lazier (by a lot!) than you are.

I have a Cateye Astrale wired bike computer that is C&V-worthy, and I track my rides on a phone using Ride/w/GPS. When they did not agree, I lowered/raised the circumference number in the Cateye until they did agree within a tenth! Took a few rides, but not many, to get them synced.

Which one was correct to begin with? I don't know, but I think the GPS. (There are no cul-de-sacs on my routes.) Why must they agree? Because I like them to agree!

So now, they're either both right, or both wrong, but they agree.

All best to you in Oz.
Love it! That’s kinda where I’m coming from. It was the significant inconsistency between the two that was causing me angst. With less than 1% difference, I can sleep better (and ride happier). LOL

And other posters are spot on too re: degree of accuracy. That doesn’t matter so much to me. Consistency more so.

Thank you to all for your input. I’m happy to have found this forum. I love my rides, even if just short and sharp, not the massive ones I see on MMR and Strava.