View Single Post
Old 06-07-21, 06:40 PM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 255 Posts
+1 for PB Swiss.

I have PB Swiss, Bondhus, Wera, Wiha and Silca. I acquired these trying to find the best over-all fitting hex wrenches. What did I find out? PB Swiss hands down. It's not really a close second for the next best which are Bondhus (in my opinion). PB Swiss fight tight, virtually no play at all, on just about every quality fastener and still grab well on cheap fasteners.

Now, PB Swiss cost substantially more than Bondhus but are worth every penny IMHO. I've been using them for three years now and have never even come close to rounding a hex fastener.

Why Bondhus for second best? They fit almost as tight as PB Swiss but cost 1/4 as much.

Wiha and Wera? Very good but for just a little more you get much better with PB Swiss and for a good bit less you get just as good with Bondhus.

Silca? Not impressed, which surprised me since I love their pumps and seat bags.

For me, and I don't know about you, but my most used tools are hex wrenches. Because of that, I want the absolute best tool there is. For me, that's PB Swiss.

--

Last edited by drlogik; 06-07-21 at 08:37 PM.
Likes For drlogik: